6/13/2014

Week 10 : Tiers and Matrix, advice for the future participants, and Week 10 blog

Week 10 has moved slowly. It has been quiet and a sad week, as we have now reached the end of the course. However, the readings for this week were very interesting. They were about Tiers of Technology Integration into the Classroom Indicators -TIERS1,2,3 and The Technology Integration Matrix (TIM)MATRIX. Tier 1: Teacher Focus on Productivity- This tier focuses on the teacher using technology to complete their job. Tier 2: Instructional Presentation and Student Productivity- This tier involves teacher facilitation of large groups learning activities, and student productivity use of technology. Tier 3: Powerful Student-Centered 21st Century Learning Environment- This tier promotes students to be actively engaged with using technology in individual and collaborative learning activities.
Finally, The Technology Integration Matrix (TIM) illustrates how teachers can use technology to enhance learning for K-12 students. There are five levels of technology integration (i.e., entry, adoption, adaptation, infusion, and transformation) with each of the five characteristics of meaningful learning environments. Collectively, the five levels of technology integration and the five characteristics of meaningful learning environments create a matrix of 25 cells.

After my readings I posted the advice for the future participants on NiceNet. Then I wrote what I learnt this week onto my blog. I have learnt a lot of valuable information from Week 1-10. I am grateful and pleased to have met nice colleagues in Yellowgroup, and I hope we stay in touch. I had a very busy time on Week 8,9,and 10 because there were some extra training for teachers, and also a English camp at school to manage at the weekend. However, in this difficult time I was comforted with encouragement from my instructor and colleagues. I cannot thank the US Department of States and the University of Oregon enough for providing this precious course for the exchange teachers around the world. I would like to say a special thanks to my instructor, Dr.Donna Shaw for being so pleasant and generous to all of us.





Yaowapa

Thailand

4 comments:

  1. Dear Yaowapa,

    This is the last week of our course, but I hope to keep in touch through Facebook. Thank you for working with me on the final plan and for your nice posts.

    Zenaide - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zenaide,

    Yes, we have to keep our connection. You are so kind being partner too. I could improve my plan report as you had commented. Thank you so much again.

    Yaowapa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Yaowapa,

    Congratulations on completing the course! You've done a wonderful job and persevered through even when you were ultra busy. Well done! It's been so wonderful working with you, and I hope we meet face-to-face some day.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna,
    It's me to thank you so very much for being so kind being there for us. I had enjoyed the 10-week- Webskills course a lot. Yes, Jirawan and I will be very glad to welcome you to Thailand some day in the future. Please let us know. I will take you to visit the elephants at the elephant school 26 kilometers from where I live. Thank you so very much again, Donna.

    Yaowapa

    Thailand

    ReplyDelete